Saturday, January 19, 2013

let it snow




Ok, let's just rush through the fact that I have about 6 months to catch up on here :)...okay, moving on:


Thursday morning, it SNOWED.  The flakes began falling in the wee hours, and luckily Anniston was up with the croup (for the 6th or 7th time ever; I'm losing count) already, so the frosty cold air and snow show were good medicine for us all. (Well, except for baby Charlotte who was cozy in her crib.  Yes, I will probably call her baby Charlotte forever.)

 Stan shining the flashlight into the snow at 4am.

 This was a short but sweet video at our second rising, 7am.  In defense of these freezing children's parents, I was running around inside gathering up the girls' coats while the above footage was taken.

 Oh my goodness, I just want to eat her up.  This was Charrey's first snow :).  (Anniston gave her this nickname because she couldn't say Charlotte's full name, and I LOVE it...couldn't have come up with something cuter if I tried.)

 


  
This little girl LOVED the snow.

Glove change.


 She kept falling onto her bottom and was completely soaked.

...did not mind one iota.





Anniston was focussed.  I mean really, I guess this was like her first snow, too, since I'm pretty sure she wouldn't remember any of the others.  


All Anniston wanted to do was scoop the snow, and she did love marching around while watching her tracks behind her.



 Sweet girl, I love you.



 Oh, and she was fascinated with the flakes coming down...

But, mostly, she was too busy to give me any attention :).



This little girl was heartbroken when it was time to go in...



The snow accumulation was about 2 inches.  It was a winter wonderland, and no kidding, about 6 hours later it was all COMPLETELY gone.  

We had a blast, but since the girls had colds/croup this time and were only out for a few minutes, I am already planning the next snow (which I realize may be a year from now) :
  • Make snow angels
  • Make a snowman
  • Sled
  • Make snow ice cream
What we did the rest of the day :).




4 comments:

The McCormick Family said...

I love those little girls and their cute pink noses!!! I've missed you:)

jessie said...

So much fun!!

Susan Jones said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. Such pretty girls! Susan

marie :-) said...

oh , she is so cute ! ♥

http://beauty-fashion-and-lifestyle.blogspot.de/